Monday, October 17, 2011

DAILY DEVOTIONS NEEDED

Mark Littleton, is compiling and editing the book of daily devotions for Jebaire Publishing: God Still Meets Needs. Guidelines below. If you have questions or submissions, please direct them to Mark at GodMeetsNeeds@earthlink.net.

GOD STILL MEETS NEEDS:

How God Helps His People and Provides in Tough Times
PROJECT: A devotional book of 365 readings, which will be written by various authors. The book is contracted with Jebaire, a royalty publisher, and may expand into a series. The stories in the book will show how God met a need in your life or in the life of someone you know, whether it’s a physical, financial, emotional, or spiritual need, or any other kind.
FORMAT: Each devotion will be a maximum of 275-325 words (total of all parts).
TITLE: See Sample.
SCRIPTURE: You choose: NIV, NKJV, NASB, NLT, The Message, KJV, etc. Please double-check text instead of writing scripture from memory, and note version used.
BODY: Story devotional that touches the readers, makes them laugh, or just offers a new insight they can use in their lives.
PRAYER: Brief one-sentence prayer to finish.
PAYMENT: For each devotional that is selected for the book, the writer will be paid $5.00 for one-time rights at the time of publication. You may submit as many devotionals as you’d like. Reprints OK.
PURCHASE OF COPIES:
You can get the books in a pre-printing order for 40% off the retail price. If you purchase 25-49 books, you get a 45% discount, and if 50 or more, a 50% discount. Perfect for those who want to sell books when they speak, want giveaways for donations to a ministry, want to do their own marketing, or want gifts. It’s a good way to get your name out there and also to make a little extra money for yourself.

THE STORIES IN THE DEVOS:
These stories will be somewhat dramatic, fun to read, and end with a principle, application, or some twist that the reader can use in his or her life. If they are touching or funny, or offering a new insight, all the better. The most important factor is that they reveal a time in your life when God met a need.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
If you would like to be involved in this project or have questions, please contact me, Mark Littleton, by e-mail at GodMeetsNeeds@earthlink.net. Please provide the following information:

The devotionals themselves.
Name and contact, phone number, e-mail, etc.
My contact is: GodMeetsNeeds@earthlink.net.

DEADLINE: January 10, 2012

SAMPLE DEVO:
Who Really Meets Our Needs?
My God will supply all your needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19, NASB.
        The day looked gloomy to me. The financial pressure to pay my bills at school had mounted. I couldn’t really take a job that would strip away my time for studying and completing assignments. I went to our little dorm prayer meeting with a heavy heart. We prayed.
        I forgot about it the next morning until I opened my mail box. There were several letters, and a rather stuffed envelope with just my name on it. I opened it, thinking it might be a paper I’d written. In it, I found eighty-some dollars. All it said, “To help with expenses.”
        Next was a letter from my grandparents. Grandpa informed me he would be sending me fifty-dollars a month for as long as I was in school and I found the first check inside.
         Walking on air, I hurried home to tell my friends. In the hallway, Mike M. asked me, “Want a study job? Just sit there, watch, and do whatever else you need to do.”
Amazed, he gave me the address where I needed to fill out an application.
I kept that job for four years through my schooling. Grandpa kept the checks coming, and every once in a while someone added to the pile with a check or money-order seemingly out of nowhere.
        I ate a lot of Kraft macaroni and cheese and hamburger without the trimmings those years, but God kept me afloat. He showed me that promise (above) from Philippians was as sure as my name on my paycheck.
Prayer: God, I want to trust you about these problems I have with money, but I’m a little scared. Can you encourage me a bit today with something, some jolt that will renew my faith? Amen. 315 Words

No comments: