Monday, January 18, 2010

WEBINAR ON FICTION

Jerry Jenkins says:

I first heard Dr. Dennis Hensley speak more than 30 years ago, and I still remember what he said. That’s why he’s spoken at nearly every Christian Writers Guild event and why he was one of the first I asked to join our editorial board.

He runs the professional writing program at Taylor University, which I consider the best available. Dianna and I personally support the program with scholarships and in other tangible ways.

Doc Hensley is hosting our next CWG Webinar, January 21, 2010, from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. (Mountain Standard Time).

I’m on vacation in Hawaii, but I’ll be listening in. Trust me, it’ll be worth every penny.

Join us for a Webinar on January 21. Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/225315610

Readers need a sense of place and time when they read fiction, but too often writers do a poor job of establishing either. In this session, Dr. Hensley will explain how to make your scene descriptions vivid by understanding the cultural elements of an area, regional concepts and visual aspects and how architecture, clothing, landscape, and styles of dress can convey a character's background and behaviors. This session will be enlightening to fiction writers of all genres.
Title:

Infusing Mood, History, Culture, and Geography into the Setting of Your Fiction

Date:

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Time:

6:00 PM - 7:00 PM MST

No comments: