Saturday, June 28, 2008

AVAILABLE FOR EVALUATIONS

Now that the market guide is tucked away and I'm back from my first summer conference, I am again available to do evaluations.

Book Contracts: I evaluate book contracts for $75-$150--depending on how long it takes me. I provide a clause-by-clause explanation of what it means and changes you might consider asking for. Since book contracts take precedence, turn around time is fast. Send a $50 deposit by check or PayPal.

Book Proposals: I do an overall evaluation of book proposals. What I like to see is the cover letter to the editor; a chapter-by-chapter synopsis for nonfiction or a 5-page synopsis for fiction; plus the first 3 chapters for fiction (the first and two others for nonfiction). Charge is $35/hr. It typically takes 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Send a check for $35 (or pay through PayPal)with the proposal and I'll bill for the rest.

Mailing address: 1647 SW Pheasant Dr., Aloha OR 97006.
E-mail: stuartcwmg@aol.com
Webasite: www.stuartmarket.com

No comments: